We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Popularly known as grapes pregnancy ta mole pregnancy; It is a condition that can be diagnosed in the first months of pregnancy, where the placenta develops abnormally and should be taken seriously.
In the ultrasound examination, it is observed as cystic structures in the form of grape grains in the uterus.
Molecular pregnancy usually means a disruption of the baby's genetic structure as a result of an incorrect chromosomal association. Feeding the baby trophoblast cells abnormally multiplies, causing many discomforts. Grape is one of these disorders during pregnancy and can be treated with appropriate methods.
There are two types of this disease which is not a normal condition: full and partial mole pregnancy:
Complete (complete) Mol
This is the most common type of seedless egg cell is formed by sperm fertilization. There is no tissue of the baby inside the placenta. Although the placenta continues to develop because the eggs are seedless, there is no baby development.
Partial (partial) Mol
In the partial moles formed by the fertilization of the egg cell by two sperm, the placenta grows larger than normal. In the tests performed, the tissues of the baby are observed, but since the chromosome number is 69, a normal baby cannot develop.
In normal pregnancy, a sperm cell fertilizes an egg cell, and then the shell around the egg cell closes and does not allow another sperm cell to enter.
What are the Causes of Mol Pregnancy (Grape Pregnancy)?
- It is very common in Asian countries, especially in Japan. grape pregnancy The incidence in Turkey in 1000 is 1. This rate, which was 1% in those who experienced this condition once, increases up to 10% in those who live twice.
- The age of the mother is one of the most important factors in the formation of this abnormal pregnancy. Over 35 and under 20 mothers have high molar pregnancy rates.
- Women with low socioeconomic status and inadequate nutrition are more likely to have this disorder.
- This problem is more common in women with vitamin A and beta carotene deficiency.
What are the Symptoms of Mol Pregnancy?
Normal pregnancy; All symptoms such as menstrual delay, intense nausea and positive pregnancy tests are also seen in such abnormal conditions. The following symptoms may play a decisive role in the diagnosis of the disease.
- Beginning of severe bleeding in the month,
- Nausea and vomiting are very severe,
- Measurement of more than 100,000 units of beta-HCG hormone,
- The arrival of pieces similar to grapes from the vagina,
- Brown or bright red currents,
- Occurrence of ovarian cysts, although rarely
- Sudden pregnancy blood pressure rises,
- Thyroid glands work more than normal,
Symptoms are less severe during partial grape pregnancy and may manifest in later months.
What is Mol Pregnancy? You can watch our video.
Mol Pregnancy (Grape Pregnancy) How is it diagnosed?
The diagnosis of this disease can be made by ultrasound, because the findings may also indicate other disorders. The diagnosis is made in the early period, especially after the 5th week, ie one week after the menstrual delay.
- Diagnosis of full-mole pregnancy is easier. By means of ultrasound, a large number of liquid-filled vesicles are seen instead of the vesicles that should normally be seen. This is a very important clue in the diagnosis.
- Beta HCG hormone Measuring well above values such as 100,000 units makes experts suspect of illness.
- On examination, the uterus is larger than normal and appears above the normal month.
- Partial moles are more difficult to diagnose. The presence of a pouch during the shootings and the presence of fetus-like structures may cause confusion with normal pregnancy. Therefore, the placenta should be examined very well.
- A full mole can usually result in abortion at the end of the 16th week when untreated, and a partial mole in the following months. In order to prevent the negative health of the mother, it should be terminated as soon as it is diagnosed without waiting for the abortion process.
Read all about Beta HCG Values.
Full details about beta HCG values: // www. / Beta-hCG-values /
What are the dangers of Mol Pregnancy for Pregnant Women?
- It may cause serious problems in terms of mother's circulatory system with sudden bleeding when it is noticed late.
- Due to intense bleeding in the mother anemia It is seen.
- Sudden blood pressure rises are very common. When thyroid glands work too hard, there may be conditions that may endanger the mother's life by developing a thyroid crisis.
- Sometimes, even if pregnancy is terminated, the remaining cells cover the uterus and spread through the vein to the body. Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia (GTN) can become a type of cancer.
Mol Pregnancy (Grape Pregnancy) Which methods are applied in the treatment?
Since mole pregnancy is not normal and can cause serious health problems for the mother, treatment should be initiated as soon as the diagnosis is made. It is not possible for such pregnancies to take place as a normal birth and must be terminated by experts.
made after vaginal ultrasound first of all, the mother's general health problems should be diagnosed. As the risk of reaching the lungs through the blood vessels of the diseased cells that break off the placenta during the operation, lung X-ray withdrawn.
If blood mismatch is determined by determining the blood type, the mother should be given an injection of anti-Rh immunoglobulin under general anesthesia. abortion surgery Taken.
Experts prefer vacuum abortion in treatment. Because the uterus is larger than normal, complications such as uterine ruptures and excessive bleeding may occur during abortion, so it is very important for the mother's health to perform the surgery in a full-fledged hospital. The postoperative parts should be taken for pathological examination.
Experts may recommend that the entire uterus be removed so that the mother does not experience the same problems in the following months if the family has had children before.
What should be considered after surgery?
As with any surgery, there are rules that must be observed after abortion surgery in molar pregnancies. In the first year after surgery, the mother should not become pregnant and should be protected using birth control pills. The uterus is very sensitive during this period, so it should not be used because it will cause tears and bleeding.
If the cancer is not diagnosed after the operation, the patient is called for a regular check-up. This period is usually Pregnancy hormone beta HCG hormone level in 8 weeks to normal level.
Pathological examination results in mole cancer (choriocarcinoma), evidence of disease spread or an increase in B-HCG hormone level, called Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor (GTT). Chemotherapy drugs are used in GTT disorder and require different treatment processes. After chemotherapy, pregnancy hormone monitoring is continued.
Treatment success of mole pregnancy and GTT cancer type is very high in our country. It is important to make an early diagnosis and to initiate the treatment process immediately, taking into account the recommendations of experts.
Mole pregnancy expectant mothers can then undergo normal pregnancy processes without problems. Attention to the rules of postoperative nutrition and hygiene will increase the chance of giving birth to a healthy baby. It is also very important for the mother to have regular doctor checks for her health.